The San Bernardino County Young Democrats is pleased to announce its endorsement of Kareem Gongora for the Fontana Unified School Board in the November 2017 Consolidated Election. A motion was passed by the members of the San Bernardino County Young Democrats to endorse Mr. Gongora at its October General Meeting on Friday, October 6.
Mr. Gongora grew up in Fontana and is a product of the Fontana school district himself. He is an active community leader whose qualifications include:
- He is married and the father of three.
- As the youngest serving planning commissioner, Mr. Gongora supported quality development and building safe communities for families.
- As a member of the San Bernardino County Superintendent Committee on School District Organization, Mr. Gongora has presented thoughtful and careful decision-making. Based on his leadership, members of the committee, which include elected officials throughout the region, elected Mr. Gongora as their Chairman in 2016.
- As an active community leader, Mr. Gongora worked with local leaders to name the first dual immersion/pre-IB program after civil rights leader and labor icon Dolores Huerta. He now serves as the Superintendent Advisory Committee representative on the School Site Council.
- Mr. Gongora was instrumental in bridging the Fontana Foundation of Hope, Big Brothers Big Sisters Inland Empire, and Fontana Unified School District, to put forth a pilot mentoring program for middle school students.
- In 2016, Mr. Gongora co-founded Communities United for Safety as a result of broken safety policies. This forged a strong partnership with State Senator Connie Leyva and the bipartisan support of SB26 through the Senate Education and Public Safety committee.
- Currently, Mr. Gongora is working to develop local leaders and bridge gaps in the K-12 educational systems to close the achievement gap as well as improve educational attainment.
- Mr. Gongora received his Bachelors of Arts in English from the University of California Riverside and Masters of Art in Management from the University of Redlands, as well as a Community Leadership Certificate from the University of La Verne.
- Professionally, Mr. Gongora developed after-school programs for at-risk students and coordinated programs for working families as well as low-income families. Currently, he works for the County of Riverside as the Human Resources Communications Specialist, managing internal communications for the County’s 24,000 employees.
Because of these qualifications and more, we are proud to endorse Kareem Gongora for the Fontana Unified School Board. We encourage all of our members and supporters who live in the Fontana Unified School District and will be voting on November 7, 2017, to vote for Kareem Gongora for Fontana Unified School Board.
If you would like to donate to or volunteer for Mr. Gongora’s campaign, be sure to visit his website and like his Facebook page. Click on the links below: